Private Instruction Options Sept, 2022
A Private Instructional Day in the Field
September, 2022 contact office for date(s) availability.
Join Charles Glatzer M.Photog, EOL for an individualized or private group of instruction in the field and/or in the classroom for a day(s) of outstanding nature photography and instruction in the beautiful mountains of Western NC.
One-on-one or small private group ensures the best instruction possible. This hands-on personalized workshop is designed for nature photographers who wish to dramatically increase their technical ability while learning to see and shoot the light. Numerous participants feel a private lesson is more advantageous than working in a larger group.
"A Day in the Field" is structured around your specific needs and photographic goals. Charles will talk with you prior to your arrival to design a lesson plan tailored to making the most of your time together.
* Blue Ridge Pkwy for sunrise/sunset and night sky images
* Smoky Mountains - Catalooche for rutting elk, turkey, elk bear
* Abundant locations for waterfalls, rivers, landscapes
Topics may include:
* Setting up your Canon R5/6, R3, R5c for your specific needs.
* Setting your camera for video/cine
* How to easily shoot and process HDR images
* Night sky photography
* Understanding lighting quality, quantity, direction and how they relate to overall image impact.
* How lighting ratios effect both the subject and background.
* Understanding Metering Patterns and Priority Modes.
* How to expose and meter for the most important highlight, compress and expand image contrast and brightness range.
* When and how to use flash for fill, balanced to ambient, and as the main source.
* Proper AF and Manual focusing technique; to best achieve sharp In-flight images
* How to produce exacting image sharpness, the tools and techniques required, and how to apply them in the field.
* What to look for in the all-important background.
* Post-production CS, LR, color management, RAW workflow.
Fee -$1500 per day, plus expenses. Group discounted rates available upon request. Bookings by appointment only, with deposit 50% required to reserve dates.
Inquire about private Zoom sessions.
Methods of payment accepted: Check made payable to Shoot the Light (address below), Pay Pal to firstname.lastname@example.org, and credit card via a phone call to our office.
Please review our Booking and Refund Policy
To sign up contact us at; office 828-891-4082, e-mail email@example.com